Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Footprint cards



Father's Day is this weekend, and plans and gifts are still up in the air. I really am awful at this whole getting-things-done business. Disorganized as I may be, I do at least have a card made. Not a huge accomplishment, considering how easy it was, but cute nonetheless.

This year's Father's Day card was made in the same style as last year's birthday card for my husband.



Yes, those are her footprints. The green one is so much bigger than the pink one! She grew so much in just a year!



As I said, these cards are super easy to make.

1. Coat your baby's foot (or hand) in a non-toxic, washable ink for rubber stamps, and press firmly onto a blank card.

2. Stare at the print, trying to find an animal shape, until you drive yourself so crazy from looking for what isn't there that you actually see an animal instead of a footprint.

3. Use a sharpie or a craft pen to draw details - but don't go overboard. You still want to be able to see the print.

4. Come up with something clever to write inside. The inside of the pink card says "from your little bunny", because that's one of our many nicknames for Kirah.

Now I'm off to find a gift to go with it!





No comments:

Post a Comment